“Cult hero”, “Rock star”, “Dear friend”, “Mamma to the masses”, these are but a few ways Carrie Contey has been described.
Carrie Contey, is not your typical parenting expert. In fact, she challenges the whole idea that someone outside a family could possibly BE an expert about how to parent within another’s unit. She knows her clients are the experts, and helps them to see that too.
A leader in the emerging field of prenatal and perinatal psychology, Carrie is a nationally recognized early parenting coach, consultant, speaker, educator and author. Her passion is providing parents with the support, information and tools to create conscious, connected and balanced lives in all stages of early parenting from before conception through childhood.
Ph.D. in clinical psychology with a specialty in prenatal and perinatal psychology, M.A. in prenatal and perinatal psychology, and M.Ed. in health education and health promotion.
Carrie Contey, PhD is a internationally recognized coach, author, speaker and educator. Her work offers a new perspective on human development, parenting, family life and being a healthy, happy, whole human being. She passionately guides, supports and inspires her clients to live with a wide open and courageous heart so they can approach family life with skill and spaciousness.
Dr. Contey received her PhD in prenatal and perinatal psychology and is masterful at synthesizing and articulating the science, psychology, and spirituality of humanhood. She is the co-founder of the Slow Family Living movement and the co-author of CALMS: A Guide To Soothing Your Baby. She has appeared on NBC’s The Today Show, NPR, CBS radio and in many publications including Time, Parenting and The Boston Globe.
Currently she lives, works and plays in Austin, TX. To learn more please visit carriecontey.com.
Carrie Contey, PhD is a internationally recognized coach, author, speaker and educator. Her work offers a new perspective on human development, parenting, family life and being a healthy, happy, whole human being. She is the co-founder of the Slow Family Living movement and the co-author of CALMS: A Guide To Soothing Your Baby. She has appeared on NBC’s The Today Show, NPR, CBS radio and in many publications including Time, Parenting and The Boston Globe. Currently she lives, works and plays in Austin, TX. To learn more please visit carriecontey.com.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Prenatal and perinatal psychology
- Early brain development and emotional intelligence
- Preparing for parenthood prenatally
- Calming and communicating with babies
- Parenting toddlers
- Conscious parenting
- Slow Family Living Carrie is a co-founder of this movement that offers parents tips and tools for slowing down, connecting and enjoying family life more. slowfamilyliving.com
- Working families
- Corporate Wellness and HR leadership
- Pregnant parents
- Parents with infants, babies and young children
- Day care workers and preschool educators
- Birth professionals such as doctors, nurses, midwives, doulas, lactation consultants
- Therapists, social workers and coaches
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
Speaking for Parent or Professional Groups, Large or Small.
- Yell Less, Love More and Parent Like a Pro!
- Healthy Boundaries. Happy Family.
- Your Connected, Happy & Hot Partnership
- Radical, Parental Self-Care: Why it’s so important and how you can make it happen
- Parenting Science 101: The ins and outs of early brain development, healthy attachment and emotional intelligence
- Unsavory Behaviors: Inspired tips and creative tools for parenting 1-5 year olds
- Parenting growing children, tweens and teens
- Intentional family life
- Prenatal Parenting: Bonding before birth
- Slow Family Living: How to slow down, connect and enjoy your family life more.
- CALMS: 5 simple steps to calming and communicating with your baby. This topic is based on the book that Carrie co-authored, CALMS: A Guide to Soothing Your Baby.
“￼The energy, enthusiasm, respect and calm you bring to people is an amazing gift. I feel extremely lucky that you shared your knowledge with us today. I have a crush on the powerful way you navigate the universe.”
“￼Thank you, once again, for all of the support you gave our team. I feel like I carry you around inside my head, and your voice there keeps me grounded in my most intense moments.”
“Thank you for a great talk last night. You said words my soul was desperate to hear.”
“I found myself leaning forward your entire talk. I couldn’t get enough. I really appreciate that you presented the strong (often yawn-inducing) science-based information in a logical and personable way. Thank you thank you!
More testimonials here.
↓ Carrie Speaks at TEDxAustin
↓ Carrie talks Slow Parenting on the Today Show
IMAGES FOR DOWNLOAD
↓ Photo by Leon Alessi, Download
↓ Photo by Cabe Lindsay, Download
↓ Photo by Molly Winters, Download
For interviews, excerpts, or review copy requests, please connect with firstname.lastname@example.org.